Current Affairs 11th January 2017-Daily GK Updates, Today Important Questions Answers, Daily Current Affairs 11th January 2017
Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News. Aspirants can check the Current Affairs 11th January 2017 from this page. We gave the Latest updates regarding it. Current affairs consist news, awareness, information and comprehension on all that is happening in the world. More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exams. Here we are provided Daily GK questions for the candidates who are going to attend for Government Jobs, Bank Jobs, Police Jobs, etc. Everyone should have to get knowledge about current affairs happening around the world.
Current Affairs 11th January 2017
- IGNOU Started Russian Language Course of 06 Months. Indira Gandhi National Open University has launched a certificate program in the Russian Language for 06 Months. This course mainly aims to provide students a basic learning of the language. This can be achieved through self-learning.
- Assam Govt comes up with e-Wallet. The Assam state government will launch the indigenously-developed e-Wallet, Tokapoisa. This e-wallet will enable the Assam state people for hassle-free online transactions in the local language. Assam Electronics Development Corp has designed this e-wallet.
- FIFA council unanimously votes to expand the soccer world cup from 32 to 48 teams. FIFA council unanimously votes to expand the soccer world cup from 32 to 48 teams; new schedule to be implemented from 2026 World Cup and thus the changes mark the first World Cup expansion since 1998.
- Sania wins Brisbane women’s doubles title. Indian tennis player Sania Mirza won her first title of the season Brisbane International women’s doubles by combining with American Bethanie Mattek-Sands.
- Minister of Railways inaugurates Implementation of E-enabled Track Management System (TMS) & Mobile Application of TMS on Indian Railway and Track Inventory Management System on Northern Railway.
- Railways gets its first ‘Make in India’ luxury coaches. Railway Board chairman AK Mittal inspected first luxury ‘Make in India’ railway coaches at Habibganj railwaystation(Bhopal). The coaches then sent to New Delhi and inspected by Railway minister Suresh Prabhu.
- Amitabh Bachchan has been honoured by the US Embassy on January 8, 2017 for his immense contribution to the India-US partnership on tuberculosis (TB).
- Kalyan Krishnamurthy was appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of Flipkart.